Teaching Children to Care For Their
Own Mental Health
The Mental Health Impact workshops helps children understand their own mental health and learn a variety of evidenced based approaches for staying mentally healthy and happy.
Mental Health Disorders Affect 1 in 8 Pupils
These increasing mental health issues have a big impact on schools with many teachers reporting they feel ill-equipped. Ofsted’s new inspection framework places a stronger emphasis on how schools are promoting mental health and educating pupils as part of the new compulsory PSHE curriculum.
CHILDREN WILL LEARN AND
- What mental health is and what factors can affect it.
- The differences between good mental health and poor mental health.
- How to recognise the signs of poor mental health and how to seek help.
- How to take daily care for their own mental health and manage stress using a variety of evidenced based best strategies.
- Encouragement to support the mental health of other children in the school.
WHAT THE CHILDREN SAID...
Today was one of the best days in schools
l learned that my mental health is important and how I can look after it
I learned that if you have good mental health, you can live longer and enjoy life more